You will create a basic web page for your final HTML/CSS project.
The subject of your page will be movie of your choice.
Step 1: Open Dreamweaver and add create a new HTML document, as shown below.
2. When done, you need to view the file as a web page.
- Go up to the menu bar and click on File.
- Go down to Save As
- Name the file
- Go up to the menu bar and click on Run, then Launch in Chrome.
Step 2: You will use the <hr> and <br> tags in your project.
- The <hr> tag puts a horizontal rule/line across the page.
- Use the <br> tag to get an extra horizontal space in your web page, such as when you hit Enter in a document. Striking the Enter key will not be read as html code and will not work.
1. Add the following tags in the body of your webpage directly before AND after the paragraph.
Step 3: add HTML heading tags in your web page.
- There are six sizes of headings--<h1> is the largest and <h6> the smallest.
- You are going to add all headings to your webpage. This will allow you to see the different font sizes of each.
1. You are going to add the largest heading ( <h1> ) BETWEEN the <br> tag and the opening paragraph tag.
<h1>Type the name of the TV show, movie, or book here.</h1>
2. Now, you will add the following headings EXACTLY AS SHOWN DIRECTLY ABOVE the <hr> and <br> closing body tag (</body>). Do not type the names of the characters, actors, etc. That will be done in a later step. Today you are just adding the titles.
<h4>Where & When to Watch</h4>
<h5>Seasons & Episodes</h5>